SPECTOR SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTING, Scottsdale, AZ - St. Louis, MO Founder 2012 – Present
Consulting firm that provides clients with sustainable solutions for cutting cost, maximizing profits and reducing environmental impact.
• Specializing in improving vendor relations, client relations, business development, internal communications, leadership processes and procedures.
• Interacts daily with clients, vendors, staff and associates to resolve old issues, improve on existing situations and proactively avoid new problems from arising.
• Saved $750K for one client in less than eight months
• Developed the first of its kind vendor – client partnership with the largest food distributor in the USA that allows for maximize profit while creating transparency at all levels.
• Developed a restaurant to use 80% less energy than a conventional restaurant uses.
• Created a partnership between my client and the United Nations, which includes United Nations Global Compact, United Nations Global Marketplace and the United Nations Business Partnership.
• Sitting on the Sustainability Board of China Mist Ice Tea Company in Scottsdale, Arizona.
• Created 10-year business plan to expand business by 60%.
Scott Smith for Governor,Phoenix, AZ
Statewide Field Director 2014
Republican candidate who ran for Governor of Arizona
Worked directly with Legislators, Mayors and City leaders across Arizona, resulting in a broad
coalition of support.
In charge of growing grassroots support in all fifteen counties.
Traveled daily with the candidate across Arizona directly assisting him at meetings, forums and events.
Communicated on behalf of the candidate with elected officials and business leaders.
Lead a team of more than 100 people across the state of Arizona
WASTE MANAGEMENT SUSTAINABILITY SERVICES, Tempe, AZ
Environmental Project Manager 2012
Designed road map to turn Arizona State University into the first “Zero Waste” University in the world.
Operated as liaison between Waste Management and ASU to create the first of its kind roadmap.
Worked side-by-side with Director of Sustainability at ASU and met with Executives from both parties.
Managed 50+ projects and 50+ people on daily basis.
L’AUBERGE DE SEDONA, Sedona, AZ
Director of Sustainability 2009 – 2011
Luxury resort with five star restaurants and commercial real estate
• Effectively made the resort and multiple restaurants more sustainable by cutting costs and improving efficiency.
• Made daily phone calls to vendors, reported status of ongoing projects to ownership and had daily responsibility for 50+ reports from every area of the resort.
• Cut energy usage by 30%+ in one year, saved $500K+ in contracts and helped the resort become a green seal certified resort.
• Worked directly with the commercial real estate properties to help the tenants become more sustainable and help design programs to save money.